G Scale Model Train Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Hi WInn

Wow the little bugger did some damage! Hope he has moved on to another victim, or you have figured out an eradication method. Look forward to the car photos

Jerry

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I have finished the paneling of the ceiling.

Next I have to do a little painting on the letter boards to cover the existing lettering. Getting close to final assembly!

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Well, a few days has turned into a few months. The front yard is done, we took a two week trip in our trailer and a number other things that interrupt modeling. Here is how the front yard looks now.

I finally finished the car so here are the official builder's photos.
side view

end view

interior

men's restroom

women's restroom with heater and linen cabinet

I printed the lettering on sticky back white vinyl and stuck it on. I used Microsoft Paint to create the lettering. Since the lettering is white I just tried to match the color of the car for the background and let the white vinyl be the lettering. Some of the Pullman cars were purchased from the Denver and Rio Grande RR and the original lettering was painted over before applying the new lettering so the paint might not have matched perfectly.

I will post photos of the rest of the train as it progresses but don't hold your breath. It may be a long wait!

·
Registered
757 Posts
wow
I too love Mexican ng.
superb model.

I trust you have the jerry best book?
some really interesting things in mexico, including the smallest loco Baldwin ever built, according to the book.

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thank you gentlemen. Yes, I mentioned Best's book at the top of this thread. I really enjoy it. There 2 more cars planned, a second class coach and a baggage/freight/post car. The locomotive will be a considerably bashed Bachmann "Connie".

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Superb Winn.
My apologies for such a late posting. I have only just noticed this thread.

I am a Mexican narrow gauge junkie too. 2' gauge is my bent. It was the Gerald Best book that hooked me too.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Mexican 2' Gauge

Superb Winn.
My apologies for such a late posting. I have only just noticed this thread.

I am a Mexican narrow gauge junkie too. 2' gauge is my bent. It was the Gerald Best book that hooked me too.
I am also a fan of the Mexican 2 foot gauge lines. About 10 years ago I had a live steam 1:19 scale model made for me of the only 2 foot gauge 2-8-2 to run in North America. It ran on the F.C.Hornos Railway and was featured in Gerald Best's book.

Recently I started (with the help of Shapeways) building another engine owned by the Hornos Ry. The new engine will be a 2-6-0 Mogul.

I have really enjoyed following the building of the NG Pullman car and look forward to seeing the rest of the train once completed.

Ric

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Ric, Both great looking little locos. I will be looking for your build. Good luck with that.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Winn,

I also have held off too long congratulating you on an exceptionally fine model. It's nice to see that someone is still producing truly Masterclass-level models.

Doc

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Jason, I'm afraid no one would want to pay what I would charge. I can't even keep up with my own projects!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts