G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I,am have trouble getting the metal ball bearing wheels to roll freeley in the cars that are aristo-craft. The lgb and usa cars work fine  the wheels turn ok on the axels but they will not roll very far when you push them on the track just aristos do not roll. Any ideas /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No not that style they are the stock ones that come one the cares. They have the springs in them and they flex you can also twist them a little. The wheels spin ok but the trucks but will not roll when placed on the track. They may go two or three inches and stop but the lgb and usa will roll six or ten inches not sure what the problem is.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The wheels are san-val wheels.They do not roll freely as the lgb and usa cars do . I have checked and can not find where they are hanging up. The difference between the way the aristo and lgb,usa cars roll is big. The next thing i,am going to try is to drill out the holes where the axels sit in the trucks to make them larger. Hopfully that will allow the wheels to roll better/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I  added the wheels myself and like i said the wheels when installed in lgb and usa cars  they roll great but not so with the aristo-craft cars.I think it may have to do with the way the aristo trucks flex and  the others do not/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.