G Scale Model Train Forum banner

Metal wheels

4K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  Ward H 
#1 ·
Does anyone know what happened to the dealer who sold  "roll ez metal wheels"?   Is there anyone else selling them? They were a good deal.  Any other types for LGB, Aristo Craft or USA cars?  Inexpensive of course.....

#5 ·
The Roll-EZ wheels can be found on Ebay, under seller AnnaKramer, formerly, San Val.  Standard and BB wheels are available in silver and black.
JimC.

#6 ·
Posted By todd55whit on 03/04/2008 5:06 PM
Does anyone know what happened to the dealer who sold  "roll ez metal wheels"?   Is there anyone else selling them? They were a good deal.  Any other types for LGB, Aristo Craft or USA cars?  Inexpensive of course.....
Now that I am running longer consists I am beginning to replace the plastic wheels that came with many of the freight cars--very expensive when you start adding it up, but necessary. I am not so sure it makes all that much difference as to whether or not to have the ones with ball-bearings, but I might consider them for some of the long passenger cars I am running--Aristo especially. Anyone have any experience comparing the two types of metal wheels?

#7 ·
I put Ball Bearing wheels in my Sierra coaches hoping they'd roll easier, especially around tight curves. I'm not sure I gained anything in that respect over plain metal wheels.

#12 ·
I use pretty much all Bachmann wheels on my equipment now. My only complaint with them is that you get the occasional one that's not square on the axle, so you get some wheel wobble. I ordered a case (48 axles) a few years ago to convert all my cars, and had two axles which were borderline unusable, and a handful that had a little wobble, but not enough to cause any difficulty. Being cast as opposed to machined, they're not quite as "smooth" as other wheels straight out of the packaging, but after a few trips around the railroad, they get a nice polish to them. I used the Roll-EZ wheels when I was doing 1:24, as their "#1 scale" wheels scaled out to 24", and aside from the occasionally (and easily correctible) gauge problem, they were great.

Later,

K

#13 ·
Posted By pimanjc on 03/05/2008 7:24 PM
The Roll-EZ wheels can be found on Ebay, under seller AnnaKramer, formerly, San Val.  Standard and BB wheels are available in silver and black.

JimC.

Are you sure about this? I looked up AnnaKramer on Ebay and they havent done any ebay transactions since January 2005.

#14 ·
Posted By Gromit on 04/02/2008 7:31 AM
Posted By pimanjc on 03/05/2008 7:24 PM

JimC.

Are you sure about this? I looked up AnnaKramer on Ebay and they havent done any ebay transactions since January 2005.

I think that is anakramer?

Chas

P.S. I just bought some wheels on Ebay from him less than a month ago. Same price as the old website pricing. It was a buy it now auction with free shipping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.