G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,910 Posts
Kadee couplers are the most realistic looking and if you want to operate a freight yard, they can be uncoupled with magnets in the track. I'm using aristos. They are too big but for me they have been reliable and affordable. They are very easy for kids to manage, which is one reason I went with them. Kadees are, to my mind, both expensive and unduly "fiddly." But they certainly look better and body mounted they allow for much closer, more realistic coupling.

Aristo is about to come out with a new coupler which will be kadee compatible. It's supposed to be out in the Spring. I'm interested in seeing how it works.

Metla wheels--I use mostly aristo wheels, but more and more I'm thinking Bachmann's are a good choice. They are lighter than aristos or LGB or sanval and they seem a little cheaply made, but they work perfectly well and the lightness can be an advantage if you are trying to pull long trains or have steep grades. I'm gradually changing the heavy cars to Bachmann wheels and the light cars to aristos.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.