G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On this new forum, can we still search the membership directory by last name and/or first name, or just by our login ID?  I can only get it to work for the ID.  Please advise.

I'm trying to see if Eric Johns from California is a member of MLS.  Does anyone know?

Ed

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
Ed,
Upper right corner in little tiny letters where it says members.

·
Master of Disaster
867 Posts
OK I see the members' tab...so where from there....as there is NO selection for a member search from the drop down?

Am I missing something?/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sick.gif:confused:

Bubba

·
A Steamed Elder
3,857 Posts
Bubba,
Just left-click Members and then you should see the first page of members. Look along the top edge of the page and you should see letters. Click a letter corresponding to the beginning letter of the first name. Easy from there.:)

·
Administrator
5,699 Posts
Unfortunately, there is no actual "Search" function as was on the old site. You have to pick the letter that begins the username of the person you're looking for. The page will update to all users beginning with that letter. At the bottom of the page is a series of page numbers. You have to use that to more or less "range in" on the name you're looking for - sorta like firing artillery. ;)

·
Master of Disaster
867 Posts
Found it..I was looking at the blue area on the header..not to the very SMALL right hand side.

Thanks

Bubba

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Ed, et al:

Right now you may find the following a better solution in finding a member, using the Private Messages (PM) - Compose Message screen.

MLS menu bar > Community menu > Private Messages > Compose Message

In the Send To User field type in what you think the user name, then on the far right of that field you'll see a magnifying glass icon (search/look-up) click that and it should pull a list that closely matches what you typed in. That may be faster to find what you're looking for.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Since I don't have clue one as to what his user name would be, I guess I'm out of luck.  Thanks anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts