G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. On Saturday October 25th (rain date of Sunday the 26th) there will be a small meet at Clem O'Jevich's in Warrior Run Pa. We've been working during the summer on double tracking the mainline and adding a new car yard, so for those who've been before there's something new. There will be a crossover installed to allow access between the two tracks as well as to the yard.

If you like to come, a quick heads up would be appreciated to work out how much grub to get. You can get me here or at dlw714 at msn.com

·
Registered
9 Posts
We will be using the rain date of Sunday October26th for the Warrior Run Meet this weekend. The forcast is calling for heavy rain throughout the day on Saturday. Just a heads up for anyone who plans on attending
Rob

·
Registered
847 Posts
Hi
I’m determined to build my railway this year. I spent most of this summer building a club portable and doing what had to be done around the house. Starting next spring it’s my turn. I am collecting all the information I can so I will be ready to start. It looks like you used a composite decking and some kind of underlay under the track. What is that and what is it for? I have seen other tracks with the decking but nothing between the track and it.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Hi Dan,
Check your mylargescale e-mail and send me a
reply.
I will send you pics of mine.
Or check youtube and type SS&GF.
It was cheeper to build with metal then wood.

Kurt

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Dan,
The elevated railroad shown in the pictures above is built using metal 2x4 studs as the frame. This is the black that you see below the decking. The decking is a composite material used for decks. It came from a manufactuer in Hamburg Pa. The track is sitting on a roadbed made of strips of rolled roofing to compensate for differences in deck board thickness and expansion/contraction due to temp changes. This is the grey material you see under the track. Any other questions, email me at [email protected].
Rob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts