G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
This type carried 3 or 4 people on each side, kind of sitting "side saddle". Passengers (workers) faced the side and had to twist at the waist to look forward. The Midwest Central RR at Mt. Pleasant, Iowa has one that I have ridden a few times... NOT comfortable seating, and few places to hang on when the riding gets fast and rough! See: http://www.mcrr.org/PAGES/modelA.html they call it a "1930 Model A Ford fireman truck".

·
Premium Member
5,637 Posts
Some motor cars where smaller and made for track inspection and only one operator. When i was a track supervisor on the
RR that is what I had to inspect track with back in the 60s. Fun in the summer and a bear in the winter. here is what I did for mine. Later RJD

·
Premium Member
5,637 Posts
Jerry good photo. This the inspection car I was referring to. Guess I had a memory laps.
I ran one like that for several years when I worked for the RR. Your pic looks like it is of a newer version as I see a clutch. This unit may have the Onin engine in it. Later RJD

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.