G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Hello there: I too have a great deal of admiration for Pauls magnificent work. I used to model the B&M in the '70 when I was student at NYU, as I had lived in Lincoln Mass where the B&M used to run (Fitchburg division main) I was one of the early members of the B&M historical society way back then, but when I moved back to France after graduation, I lost my interest in that wonderfull Railroad. That however was when I discovered gauge one live steam and I haven't changed since. I became familiar with Paul's work through the many articles he wrote of his wonderfull creations in the G1MRA newsletter. As they often were of B&M power I was imediately attracted to them. I remember talking about Paul's work with the late John Van Riemsdijk who wanted like me to write him about his fine and prolific locomotive building program. At the time I wasn't yet modeling US prototypes, as French prototypes kept me busy enough as outside of a few significant French locos (due mainly to JVR friendship with the count Antonio Colluzzi Giansanti of Fulgurex.) Everything had to be built from scratch. Recently I have indulged into modeling the Pennsylvania RR, this doesn't have any obvious relationship to the B&M except fort those who new the B&M, as they had quite a few N5 cabin cars too. I finally built that cabin car I wanted to model in the '70 for my B&M pike, in gauge one for my pennsy one! Strange turn of events, and of course I reread my old G1MRA newsletters to see Pauls beautiful Q2 and J1. However untill this post with it's fabulous photos, I find that I had only a limited idea of Pauls prolifc building he actually built models of most of the significant B&M engines except maybee for the 2-10-2. It is a real treat to see his work. Beautiful photos of beautiful models. Long live Paul Huntington!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.