G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
If the rest is even just half as good as this you have a winner!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello chucker,

Where did you get the spoked wheels from??

I used weels from LGB. The weelring is making with the lathe smaller.

Bye
Hans-Jürgen

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Hi Hans,

Nice work, that valve gear is complicated!

You are talking about the square (in plan) valve chest, it can be wrapped in brass sheet (on the full size loco) thus the painting gold. The gland at the back is where the sliding valve rod fits into it. most of that is steel..

I added on top a lubricator, here is a photo from Chapter 6 showing one style; this loco has painted sides to the valve chest and possibly a brass top - it is difficult to see.

Here is another photo - of David's #42 showing his lubricator, this is a bought in one I think; I made mine from bits of plastic tube, plastic discs and wire!

Finally, a section of mine showing the lubricator - this is like the plans show.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello,
Peter, thanks for your help.
I finished the laserdrive and all the parts.
Here is the green/red drive from mason Nr. 3 OORO CITY :):):D an it is working /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/wow.gif

Best Regards to all the masonbuilder
Hans-Jürgen

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Hi Hans,

Nice work that is looking good!

I'll bet your please that the valve gear has been finished!

Do not forget the (full width of the chassis) pillar behind the motor that the rest of the chassis will slide on.

I've deleted your extra post as requested.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello,
and the next step....
The Decals from Stean are wonderfull. It maks fun, this bringing on the modell.
THANKS Stan !!

Best regards
Hans-Jürgen

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Hi Hans,

Looking good, you are getting on well with it! You won't miss that name!

The front of the tender is inset into the cab, and in use would get all the knocks from the fireman's shovel and also collect a caoting of coal dust - mine is the color of the tender top here (dark and mucky red oxide) as that is a stronger finish hopefully and much easier to repair. Would a semi matt darker green be an idea here perhaps?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello,
the next picture. Its an try :)" border=0>to make from all parts a masonlocomotiv :)" border=0>/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/shocked.gif" border=0>

But it is still a long way to finished the modell /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/shocked.gif" border=0>
Best regards
Hans-Jürgen

·
Super Moderator
410 Posts
Fabulous HJ. You have only little way to go now!

Yes the rear truck will need a bearing between the top of truck and tender deck. A brass tube would be OK, but you can also use some larger diameter flat layers of 2mm thick styrene, similar to the top of the truck.

Wonderful looking machine.

David.

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Hi Hans,

That looks very good indeed - congratulations on a fabulous looking mason! I like the painting on the side of the headlamp! Coal her up and she will (soon) be 'ready to go'

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Hans,

You have created a beautiful Mason Bogie. A few details and she will be running on your RR. I especially like the tender truck journal covers. They are superb.
And your stack is also very good. Did you scratch build the stack? Thanks for sharing this with us.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Wow - that is a beautiful loco you have built! Thank you for posting the photos.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hello,
The work is done. Here any pictures from the first running in the garden.
Fist is the engineer. He testing the boiler :)

An this man is happy. He is trinking a bottle wisky but he live dangerous.

And now? I build the porter...:)
Thanks on all, for the Masterclass 2002 adventure. !!!!!!!!
David, Richard, Vance, Stan, Jens,Peter, Harald .....

Best regard

Hans-Jürgen

1 - 20 of 25 Posts