Discussion Starter #1
Due to pure pressure and a totally enjoyable weekend we
WILL be having it next year.
Sept 25, 26, 27

Banquet is lined up on Sat night.
MLS photo Sat between 2 and 3 PM
Friday evening dinner is lined up.
I will at a later date get motel info.
Or those of you who was happy with where you stayed can post that info .
The crews made suggestions on changes.
The new live steam portable will be back next year and I have a larger , LEVEL area already cleared waiting for the skid loader to arrive.

And better lighting for evening running.
thanks to everyone.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Marty
You are a great host with an outstanding gauge one event. The hobby has benefited from your involvement and the efforts to inspire others to get on board!

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Marty,
Wish I could have made it this year but other things got in the way. Next year for sure. I have been enjoying the pictures.

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Marty,
Ok i already know that next year is out. The following year is a maybe but the year after that? So 2011?> What about 2011? Can I make reservations for that?

Seriously.

Chas

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Marty,I'm hoping to join you again next year for the get-together; I'll have to see how things work out. I just found out that I'm going to be a daddy, late April-early May 09. My wife is not ruling out coming; we may have to bring Grandma to help with the new baby. I'll keep you posted.

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bryan
How did that happen???? timing is everything. Just make sure you name him ,,,Marty!!

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Marty: I thought you knew how it happens. If you need refresher training, call me on the phone....I'll talk you through it.

Thanks everyone. We're really excited --- as everyone is with their first. I guess after almost 3 years of marriage, we can show the world that no one needed a shotgun at our wedding.....

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Bryan! Great news.

The hobby grows from within;)

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Posted By NTCGRR on 09/30/2008 9:26 PM
Bryan
How did that happen???? timing is everything. Just make sure you name him ,,,Marty!!

See what happen's when you DON'T go to Marty's in Sept.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ha the Regal

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Thanks Marty for a great time. Maybe next time I'll be able to spend more time than just a few Hours. At least we got a few moments to talk. Later RJD

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
We already have our reservations at the Best Western. The King size beds are already gone for that weekend.

We stayed at the Super 8 out by the freeway this year. It wasn't all that super. The smokers have permeated that place so much that it doesn't really matter whether you get a non-smoking room or not, it still smells. The bed was so bad I had to sleep in the recliner every night.

Plan early. See you next year!

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Any more most motels just don't cut it, They are over priced and still have the problem. I prefer to travel with the camper and pay my $23 per night.
Later RJD

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Because of the Sept get together the RR has grown from a single track main with couple of branch lines to 3 mains.
thus

After a couple of little changes ,,IF everyone goes clockwise you could run 4 trains per main.
go from main 2 to main 1 , blind in , then later
go up (c) to main 3 ,blind in for awhile and come back down (b) to main 2 again.
the doted line is the ONLY reverseing spot now. it will be marked.

More passing sidngs will be added.

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Marty,

You guys seem to have too much fun out there!! At some point, I will make it to one of these thingys, but I guess it'll be the BPSU 15th annual by then.

Bryan,
Congratulations! I just saw your announcement. My son Luke turns 1 on Sunday, and I cannot believe how fast a year went. All these guys tried to warn me, but did I listen? No way! Good luck!

Mark

1 - 20 of 82 Posts