G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!

I'm trying to build my layout but I am finding it very difficult to find "special" track-work such as double slip switches etc. One manufacturer that does produce a good assortment is Marklin. Does anyone have any experience with Marklin G scale switches. I'm particularly interested in purchasing their double slip switch and cross overs etc. Llias Creek (SP?) makes a pretty cool looking curved switched. Any experience with these switches?

Finally, in case anyone is interested, the USA #8 switch is amazing! I had a track set up in my department in the store where I worked and the train ran over this switch for 10 hours 5 days a week for 2 months without a single derailment. Highly recommended!

Many many thanks for all your help...

UncleHans
(to too many nieces and nephews! :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for your replies! I run USA Trains and Aristocraft. I guess they wouldn't run on Maerklin track. That's really too bad because they have some amazing track-work. I never knew there was a service out there that custom makes your switch requests. I will check them out, but first I think I will try to build my own. The thought scares me because the switches I first purchased had lots of problems (Aristocraft). I find them simply unreliable. And if a major manufacturer can't get a switch correct without problems, how can a newbe like me make one from scratch? But, hey, its a hobby, give it a try.......

Thanks again.
Very helpful

1 - 3 of 3 Posts