G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The media in Germany report that Marklin (Märklin really) went to the local courts today and declared that they cannot pay their bills anymore. This happens a day before the toy fair in Nürnberg starts in Marklin's 150th year. Since LGB is owned by Marklin, it is LGBs 3rd insolvency in 2 years.

The newspapers have been talking for a few days about negotiations with the banks about a credit line extension. These talks have failed and Marklin's investors, Kingsbridge and Goldman Sachs seem to be unwilling or unable to supply the neccessary cash.

Lets hope that there is somebody out there who can put Marklin and Trix and LGB back on track. Which may be wishful thinking in todays economy.

-konrad.

·
Premium Member
1,520 Posts
Thanks for the update, Konrad. What is it with companies coming unglued at their big anniversary dates? Bad enough the investment banks screwed up our economies and pensions, now they have to screw up our hobby too.

Keith

·
Super Modulator
20,521 Posts
I'm not sure how many threads we need on this, I guess one.

Maybe posting this in the public forum would help consolidate all the threads on this.

It's definitely not a product review.

(and yes, I'm sad too)

Greg

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Posted By vsmith on 02/04/2009 4:41 PM

Like I said, here we go again...

Now, I love a good pun proabably more than most... but that is the most ridiculous pun I have ever read!

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
It would be nice if the the topics are posted in the right forum. maybe they need to add a trash can forum for the things we don't. Later RJD

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Posted By Semper Vaporo on 02/04/2009 5:39 PM
Posted By vsmith on 02/04/2009 4:41 PM

Like I said, here we go again...

Now, I love a good pun proabably more than most... but that is the most ridiculous pun I have ever read!

Well, you know....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts