G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost two years ago I started getting serious about something I've wanted for years - a bigger-than-HO train running around the yard. Thanks to a lot of help from a lot of people who answered my questions, or just posted information that I found very valuable, I started the first phase of my outdoor railroad about Labor Day and within six weeks I had a train running on a hundred feet of track around a large flower bed in the backyard.

There were a few times when I thought I should forget it and maybe get my HO stuff out of their boxes and just do a basement thing. But you folks answered my questions, quieted my fears, and encouraged me to just do it.

And suddenly the neighbors are bringing soup over, just for an excuse to watch.

Thanks to all of you. And thanks to whomever keeps this website going. You'll have a new member shortly.
jack

Oh yeah - photos and a short movie at:

http://myplace.frontier.com/~ccrr/home

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Welcome Jack,

You seem to be making good progress. Hope you'll keep us posted as you go along.Always fun to see someones layout as it progresses. I started about two years ago too, and found the folks here at MLS to be really a great bunch of people. This is my best resource for information on large scale.

Best wishes,

Joe Mc

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Jack,
It looks really great
youve done a fine job, Pat yourselve on the back and i look forward to seeing more pictures...

And by the way, MLS is the best train web site online.....

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Congratulations! Beautiful place.

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
Jack,

Great start. You are right, everyone here has been more than helpful and VERY patient (especially based on the number of crazy posts I have put on the site people are willing to help out!).

Rich

1 - 6 of 6 Posts