G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is part of what I think will be a three-building lumberyard. The office/finishing mill will be in two Pola buildings that have been bashed together. (Pictures to follow.)

This is the storage shed.

And if I get really ambitious, probably during the winter, I'm going to try to cobble together a saw shed as has been displayed on the saw mill post here.

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
Posted By ohioriverrailway on 08/13/2008 9:51 AM

This is part of what I think will be a three-building lumberyard. The office/finishing mill will be in two Pola buildings that have been bashed together. (Pictures to follow.)

This is the storage shed.

And if I get really ambitious, probably during the winter, I'm going to try to cobble together a saw shed as has been displayed on the saw mill post here.

Very nice start to your mini-lumber business !

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
Rick
A small planer shed would be a great fit, be sure to include a pile of sawdust and maybe a scrap pile, and maybe a pile of firewood for sale, your shed looks great:D
Dennis

G

·
0 Posts
Rick
Great project! Because I was not going to go and build one but instead you inspired me. :D
Toad

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Toad, I''ll give you a construction hint. Those stacks of lumber are mostly hollow. The timbers on the top and sides are 4 or 5" long, but the stuff on the inner parts of the pile are just nibs about a half-inch long. They're all glued together. Saves a lot of wood. All of that came from a discarded cutting board that made a whole bunch of trips through the table saw!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Rick,
Not sure how to do the hollow thing but have a idea. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blush.gif
Toad

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Very nice job Rick! I had not thought of a lumber yard but now I will have to put it on the "to do" list.
Best, Ted
Ted Johnson
GYT&S RR
(Grit Your Teeth & Spit RR)
Bouse, AZ

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Rick,

That's going to be neat industry complex for your line. Great beginning!

I made my lumber loads for my flatcars hollow also, Still plenty heavy but save a lot of lumber and a good way to use a lot of small odd pieces.

·
Registered
101 Posts
looks similar to the atlas lumber shed ho & oscale , http://www.trainweb.org/tylick/signdgindustry.html for signs to use for the shed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts