G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost two replies today on MLS. One to "OhioRiver" and another to someone earlier. Has anyone else had this problem?

The reason I'm asking isn't to rant or vent but to try and determine if the problem is with my ISP or IE or for some other reason.

Thanks....

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
If, while you are typing, someone else posts a reply then your reply gets lost.

The best thing to do is the click somewhere in your reply and then type "Ctrl-A" to highlight all of your text, then type "Ctrl-C" to copy the highlighted text to the clipboard.

Then refresh the screen and paste the clipboard back to the reply text box and click the Submit button. if per chance someone still sneaks a post in between the refresh and Submit, your reply will still be in the clipboard and can be pasted back in another try.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you sir. That is an excellent suggestion. I wrote down your instructions. Now...does anyone have a suggestion on how to avoid misplacing them? hehehe!

Senility is only a possibility but ignorance is a given! ;)

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
I used to have those yellow "Post-It" (tm) notes all around my computer monitor... made it look like a daisy. But that was at work where I was forced to have 7 identities and 12 passwords (some systems didn't allow numerics and others required them, some required more than 8 characters and others could not handle more than 6). Of course, there were rules about not writing down passwords, so my "petals" contained only hints that only I would understand, like "Favorite animal" for the password, "dedcatz", or "a big fat zero" for "Psyz1tche" (pronounced "zilch" and that is a "one" in place of the "L").

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
That bug only happens when using quick reply. If you use the full reply, it won't happen.

G

·
0 Posts
Now...does anyone have a suggestion on how to avoid misplacing them?

since Alzheimer-light is lurking around the corner, i started to put those little "how-to" reminders as .txt files on my desktop.
(after years of yellow-pad stickies disapearing just before i needed them)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts