G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some where here on MLS some one asked a Question about "Y"'s Then some one posted a picture of a wye north of Sacramento CA I think it was.

I aksde what that particular Wye was for? No I cant find the post to see of someone answered my question.

Anybody remember what I am taling about.?

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
John

Here ya go.

googel earth

Just a FYI, a quick way to locate a lost topic that you've posted a reply to is go to your MLS Forum User Profile. Then click the View Posts By User link just to the right of your Posts: count. When the results are returned scroll to the bottom of the page and use the navigation control (i.e. the >> icon) to jump to the last page, which lists the most recent posts that you've made. If not found on the last page, then back up one page at a time until you locate the topic.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
RE: LOST A POST ABOUT A "Y"

JJ...ya just gotta do better...how can you forget this? You have a thing called the MyForums...top left. It will take ya back to any thread ya posted to.

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Hey Mike,

That's even an easier method and in the right sort order (i.e. most recent first to oldest last), thanks. :D

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
JJ,

Is on the Feather River Canyon route of the UP.. The Y was 2 let some body go North as I recall.. The track across the top of the Y is really hard to see, some thing about a tunnel.. Hope this helps..

BulletBob

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
Posted By John J on 04/09/2008 9:09 PM

Some where here on MLS some one asked a Question about "Y"'s Then some one posted a picture of a wye north of Sacramento CA I think it was. I aksde what that particular Wye was for? No I cant find the post to see of someone answered my question. Anybody remember what I am taling about.?

It's no wonder you are having a hard time finding it when the thread was mis-named (and misspelled) googel earth. Of course, what we are talking about here is the Keddie Wye. You will find that by clicking onto either link I just provided or by clicking onto the image below:

This question you posed, John J, aptly illustrates the need to properly NAME a thread before posting a topic as a new thread. After all, who is going to look for "googel earth" (misspelled) when they're really trying to find " Keddie Wye?"

You can also look at my own current thread, the Phase II Update, where I am about to examine the remnants of the Northern Pacific wye at Cle Elum.

·
Just another old guy
786 Posts
It took me three years to figure out what JJ was posting. If JJ starts spelling correctly, I won't be able to understand him./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif

Tommy:cool:
Rio Gracie

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all for your posts. No wonder I could not find it.

My mext question is Is it still in use?

And.....Is it just a junction that forms a Wye?

It's not used to turn trains around.

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
Posted By John J on 04/12/2008 7:28 AM

Thank you all for your posts. No wonder I could not find it. My mext question is Is it still in use? And.....Is it just a junction that forms a Wye? It's not used to turn trains around.

As I understand the responses on that thread, the full wye configuration is in place but the wye is not used as anything more than a junction.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts

JJ,

Keddie wye is on the old Western Pacific R.R. which is now part of UP of course. Most of its life it served the WP and a search of that railroad would probably be the most productive for info.

·
Super Modulator
21,353 Posts

I looked at the maps carefully, I cannot see a "WYE track" configuration. I do see a WYE switch.

I do not see where the WYE "triangle" configuration exists.

Regards, Greg

·
Super Modulator
21,353 Posts

Wow, that's pretty hard to see, I could not make out the turnouts on that side, or the tunnel portals.

Well, that's that!

Thanks!

Greg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts