G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey gang... been a while since I've been able to get on here but now that I'm back I have a favor to ask....

Does anyone have a railbender that I can borrow for awhile? If you are coming to Marty's Thingy I could pick it up then and either ship it back to you or wait till next year if you don't need it back real soon.... I only need it for a few sections then I'll be done laying track!!
I really don't want to buy one if I can avoid it for about 4 sections I need to bend to fit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Paul I live in southern Minnesota so unless you happen to be coming east shipping will be the only option..... :(

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Scott,

Try posting this on the tthread for MARTY'S THINGY AND YOU WILL PROBABLY HAVE ONE WAITING FOR YOU THERE

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Why not just bring the track with ya and bend it at Marty's if you know the diameter you want. Later RJD

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Ya know.....

Back in my Volvo tuning days, I had to rent a couple tools to grind the valve seats on a Volvo B20 head for double valve springs.

The company supplying the parts and tool basically "sold" you the tool, but you got 80% or so back as long as you returned it in working order in a month. A couple other local parts houses do the same thing. If you never come back, they are paid and the tool is yours. If you do, you pay a little to rent it.

Food for thought......

·
Premium Member
5,908 Posts
a railbender that I can borrow for awhile
Do you want to bend rail or track? I have a code 250 rail bender but no layout, so it is idle, but it won't bend track (2 rails in a tie base) nor will it handle code 330 - lgb size.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pete, I'm can do either... I can take the track off the ties and bend it or leave it and bend it all together makes no difference to me.....

·
Premium Member
5,908 Posts
I can take the track off the ties and bend it
You may regret that. Putting the rail back in the ties is often a pain.

Anyway, my code 250 bender could be borrowed - send me a message.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts