G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a new steamer at the Naval War College in New Port RI who is looking for fellow steamers in his area of Rhode Island, Connecticut or Mass. John has a SR#24 and a 2-cilynder Shay. Is there any one out there in that area who I can refer to John?
Thanks,

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
There are several of us in the Boston area if he's interested in traveling once the weather improves [a lot]. Feel free to direct him towards me through the website or at my e-mail, [email protected]

·
Registered
39 Posts
Did you know that Marblehead was the seat of some very earliest US live steam activity, and the birthplace of IBLS, begun by Charles Purinton and that English scallywag LBSC? This would heve been 2.5" and 3.5" gauge activities.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
I'm on the Cape, and would love to find more steamers in Southern New England. I have a few locos, no designated track yet.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Had no idea that Marblehead had a rich live steam history. Marblehead's history can surprise - I hadn't known until recently that it was also was the home of the Burgess Company, one of the earliest manufacturers of seaplanes.

·
Premium Member
2,071 Posts
Posted By Old Boy on 02/13/2009 10:30 AM
Did you know that Marblehead was the seat of some very earliest US live steam activity, and the birthplace of IBLS, begun by Charles Purinton and that English scallywag LBSC? This would heve been 2.5" and 3.5" gauge activities.

scallywag??, oh bollocks. (
)

Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts