G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
Are there still the airesol can type air supplies for air brushes? Seems I recall years ago from my HO days that you could buy aresol type cans that delivered enough pressurized air for one project. Never tried it.
Also, if you own your own home, you might consider. plumbing in an airsupply from your garage to your quite place. 3/4 galvanized pipe works well for this. That way you can run your compressor in the garage, connect it to your internal pipes and add a regulator indoors.
But if you ask me, the first suggestion "Air tank" is the best. I have one myself, and use to use it for running my finish nailers off of in places I couldn't reach with a compressor. To fill it to 100 psi you need a compressor that will at least deliver 135 psi.

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
I'm of the same opinion as Jerry. I don't use mine unless its a really big project, or I have several things to air brush.
As far as running out of air, I run my brush usually a touch under 28 psi most of the time. You don't need a lot of pressure. I have a small 3 gallon air tank that I fill to 100 psi and it takes a while to empty. Usually it can be filled while I'm changing out paint or cleaning the tip.

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
I forgot all about those refrigerator compressors. Had a friend that used to make those, but I seem to recall they didn't create too much psi,,, not that you would need that much for an air brush

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.