G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Accucraft Ruby, Accucraft 1:20.3
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the Stevens Point area of Wisconsin and looking for persons with a common interest in large scale steam. Be it as a formal club or just a few individuals geographically near me.
I've looked online to see what official Large scale clubs there are in Wisconsin and found the Wisconsin Garden Railroad Society. But most of the membership, and Meetings are in the South Eastern Wisconsin area. 2+ hours commute for me.
There is the Central Wisconsin Model Railroaders right here, I've been to the Arctic Run before as a passer-by before my serious interest in railroading. I can't find their scheduled meeting times posted anywhere. I would love to check out the Club house. The Club's primary layout is HO, but I know that it opens a doorway to people who may model multiple scales, or knows somebody else in the area.

Any leads would be great since I chose to pick-up the Hobby right as all the Shows and conventions got cancelled.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
As you’ve discovered, most of the action in large scale live steam is in southern Wisconsin. There are a handful of live steamers here in Madison and 1 near Lake Geneva…i dont know anyone up there but, of course, there may be a few unknown to me. You are certainly welcome to trek down here if you want to connect with us. Terry and I have been in live steam for 20 yrs.

Sam

·
Registered
Accucraft Ruby, Accucraft 1:20.3
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As you’ve discovered, most of the action in large scale live steam is in southern Wisconsin. There are a handful of live steamers here in Madison and 1 near Lake Geneva…i dont know anyone up there but, of course, there may be a few unknown to me. You are certainly welcome to trek down here if you want to connect with us. Terry and I have been in live steam for 20 yrs.

Sam
Thank you kindly for the invite. I'll have to take you up on that closer to fall when my work schedule relaxes more. It has been a bit of a drag that all the public conventions and gatherings have been cancelled, making it difficult to meet new friends.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.