4,716 Posts
Amazing what you can find, isn't it?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Posted By Torby on 02/18/2008 6:38 AM
Amazing what you can find

hehehe my closet is filled with lots of old rc cars that will eventually be used for converting locos to battery power/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
I just converted a battery powered 1/24 Jeep into a rail truck, but it goes way to fast!! Any ideas on how to make them go slower?

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Sure! Make yourself a pulse width "throttle" out of a 555 and a transistor.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Torby

Right! Whatever a 555 is and any transistor is!!! You assume too much. Many like me are electronically deprived!! isn't there some easy way with a resistor or two?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Posted By billsharron on 02/29/2008 3:36 PM
I just converted a battery powered 1/24 Jeep into a rail truck, but it goes way to fast!! Any ideas on how to make them go slower?

This is what you need Bill, a 25 watt PWM driver kit for $10 - www.quickar.com/tkit.php part #ML-804.
Knob was from allelectronics.com

I used one in my 7/8's rail truck for battery power -

-Brian

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
Posted By billsharron on 02/29/2008 3:36 PM

The simplest way would be to use a lot less voltage batteries.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Posted By billsharron on 03/01/2008 6:57 PM
Thanks Brian, Thanks Tony,

BTW Brian, How do you like the performance of the Tenergy batteries? Which one did you use?

I have gotten most of my packs from allbattery.com/Tenergy. All have worked well for me (but I don't have a lot of experience in this area) and service has always been good. That's an 11.1 volt 2.2 Ah Li-Ion pack. Nice power for 3 small cells and they have built in overcharge protection.  I have only just got them so they haven't had any thorough running yet (just a hour) but Spring is just around the corner.

-Brian

1 - 12 of 12 Posts