G Scale Model Train Forum banner

Logging Proto Photo for you Builders!

4K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  c nelson 
#1 ·
These are from Brevard NC and the Climax there on display, thought some of you would be interested in seeing them!?

See less See more
#6 ·
Posted By Dale Loyet on 01/31/2009 10:18 AM
Very nice. I plan to go there and to CASS this fall or next. Is in a state park, or an easy to find location ? I love the pictuyes !

Thanks Dale, it's located in the Pisgah Natl Forest Near Brevard NC...click the below link for the "Cradle of Forestry"...it's right off the Blue Ridge Pkwy...an easy find!

http://www.cradleofforestry.com/

#10 ·
I'll steal a good idea off anybody.... These ones are fairly easy, too. This pic is after about a half hour's worth of work....

Unfortunately, "one of the state's largest and best stocked hobby shops" doesn't CARRY brass strips (or much of anything else I'm usually ever looking for), so these will have to wait before I can do much more. The trucks will be B'mann, just because they are what I already have here.

#15 ·
I was reading a 1912 issue of the Railway Carmen's Journal yesterday (yes, I'm a procrastinator,) and I read an article from a carman for the C&NW that tells about blocking and shimming and cutting draft timbers to raise the cars three inches to the required standard height, and then came up with the solution of reversing the top and bottom arch bars. On this particular series of truck (which he states the railroad had several thousand of) it worked perfectly. So maybe those trucks were worked on by this carman.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.