G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a bman 2 6 6 2,without instructions,what are the wires in the coal bunker for? Assume tender wiring or battery trailing car,does someone tell me the wiring code ,thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Greg! Wire code and "customer use" but doesn't say what is which and for what?

·
Super Modulator
20,510 Posts
So you have those 4 wires? I wonder if they are just unterminated at both ends? If so my guess would be for connecting functions or a different sound unit.

So, these 4 wires are loose in the bunker? Can you find these same 4 wires somewhere in the boiler?

Greg

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just some wires in the bunker apparently attached to the PNPlay board (underneath) can't see where without taking things apart!

·
Super Modulator
20,510 Posts
did you peek inside the boiler? Anyway, I think it's either 4 wires threaded from one end to the other, or they are connected to some of the "extra" pins in the socket.

Greg

·
Premium Member
3,883 Posts
To me it looks like wires going from front to rear so one could hook up a motorized smoke unit to a decoder and not have to run your own wires..

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
4 wires with loose ends ,disassembled the 2 6 6 2 t ,added 5 more wires to install a sound unit and trailing battery car connection,eyeballed with a butcher's view the incense generator,will replace that eco puffer with 2 usa trains smoke units and a chuffed timed blower!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts