G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just though I would post a thread about this but I was thinking about bringing my nephew to one of those 71/2 public ride layouts here but then I noticed a small oval track next to the station of gauge one (I think the picture was taken at the same place).

www.livesteamers.org/

I sent an email to the club  but I havent heard a reply so I was gonna showup with my live steam gauge one locos and politely ask if I could use there circle track lol. Stuck in my apartment and getting tired of rollers lolololol

Im pretty sure there all train nutzs and they will let me haha. (if it exists of course)

The question is , is that layout still there?? and does anyone know anyone that is in this club.

The club is in coconut creek, FL (between boca raton and fort lauderdale). Looking for a local club to run my live steamers.

- Andrew

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
RE: Live Steaming Gauge 1 next to 71/2" gauge in FL

Hello,
The club is Tradewinds and Atlantic Railroad (southern division). I used to be a member years ago but I let my membership run out. Just didn't have the time back then because I had to work weekends. I'm still a member of FLS but just not southern division. If you want to run your gauge one trains they will probably tell you to join the club. The work days are every 2nd Sat and run days are every 3rd Sat and Sun.

If you want to run your trains, I have about 75 ft of track in front of my house and you are welcome to make some steam. I'm in Pompano, just East of Coconut Creek.

Bruce

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Wow, nice to see pictures of my old stomping grounds!  There's a good group of guys at Tradewinds and I'm sure they'd be interested to see your gauge 1 stuff.

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Cool

Bruce,

I saw your post earlier and will have to take you up on that offer pretty soon lol, as for this saturday, I am still going to go to Tradewinds because my nephew wants to ride the trains lol.

I wouldn't mind learning how to weld etc etc IF they had a live steamer there, not really interested in the diesels, something about keeping a live steam train going is MUCH more appealing.

-Andrew

·
Registered
9 Posts

Looks like it could be a fun place to run. You know that you're always welcome to steam-up on our track if your up this way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts