G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the challenges with the bigger locos is that they don't fit in the sink and the tub is too low to the ground. So I built a wash rack. It's next to the garage where I store the trains (no cars) and also only 10 feet from the RR. The area is fenced on 3 sides so is out of sight. I ran hot water pipe for the hose connection instead of the typical cold faucet. Here's a shot of the set up, the table is about 36" off the ground, 40" long and 24" wide. I spray the loco with my favorite gunk remover..let it sit a few minutes...hot water hose down...and then let it dry in the sun.:) The guys who come to run especially like this feature.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Todd, not much in the electric end. I try to get the guys over once a month for that but the steam guys do once a week.
Great idea Tony...i do have an air compressor, so I'll run an air line to the wash rack too. Thanks for the tip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.