...I had some problemsinitially getting this video uploaded to YouTube (see the "Photography" forum for the "gory details"), but FINALLY got it uploaded!Here it is for your enjoyment...
A few comments on what was going on- I had just completed an RC install in my recently-acquired Accucraft Mich Cal # 2 Shay, but hadn't had a chance to really give her a good test run on RC (between out-of-town relatives over for the holidays& recent NASTYwinter weather here!); the temperatures on Friday (which I happily had as a day off from work!) finally got a bit over freezing (@ 39 degrees F.). My Uncle Ray (who's always had an interest in the railroad) was over visiting; so I asked him if he'd "volunteer" to engineer my other RC-controlled Shay (another Accucraft model, Mich-Cal #5, relettered as "Watuppa Railway" #5). This was TRUE "double-heading"- we had to co-ordinate speed & direction on BOTH locomotives, which is the reason for all the verbal "Go-ahead-&-back-up!" instructions.Complicating things was the fact the I noticed the servo linkage on #5 was slightly out of adjustment("Full throttle" on #5 really WASN'T!), Ray was a "newbie engineer", & I had forgotten that I had "borrowed"some of the lead fishing weights I normally use to weigh down the Aristo wedge plow to add a bit of weight to another locomotive - with the result that the plow was derailing FREQUENTLY (almost rolled overoff the "right-of-way" at one point!). A convenient rock was then stuck aboard the Aristo plow at that point for additional weight (which succeeded in keeping it on the rails from then on!). My camera work is also quite a bit shakier than my usual standards- due to the fact that I was simultaneously trying to keep my footing on ice & snow (& ESPECIALLY not re-injure the right knee I brokeabout 5 years ago!), coach Ray as an "engineer", monitor boiler pressure & water levels in BOTHlive steamers (I had to refuel BOTH locomotives as "Summit" - the high point of the mainline grade just past the Pola mine building, marked by the half-buried water crane), & operate the RC transmitter for Shay #2 in my left hand, with the Sony camcorder in my right!(I think the final result was worth the effort, though!).
A few comments on what was going on