G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This has been reposted to live steam.

Hi, just recently got into live steam 1:20.3. Moved up from Hon30. Hoping to make a couple of friends that have track that could walk me thru the basics of live steam, maintenance, running etc. I have a loco arriving in a few days I’m very excited about. I’m local to the central coast, 5 cities, SLO county. Thank you for the consideration.
Kind regards,
JC

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
I suggest you post on the live steam forum. You will find most live steamers willing to share our niche of the train hobby and happy to help you get going. Hopefully someone local to your area would know what central coast etc means.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Hi JC, Welcome to running live steam, it is exciting, can be frustrating, but ultimately very rewarding.
I'm sure you will find people around your area to assist in your journey into steam but remember it's a worldwide fraternity here that is always willing to assist you with information and tips on everything from running, track, making parts and repairs or just sharing an experience of running with images or video link.
MLS has many experienced live steamers who do help those in the hobby on this forum. No question is too silly or strange as we have all been there so please use this forum.
I suggest you view older posts and threads under the Live Steam section (always a good read when starting out) and where you find someone you like, open their letter tag and then down a bit on their profile page, in blue, open their 'discussions' and you will see all things they have posted over time that might cover some of your future questions.
All of us here are more than willing to help as live steam is the most rewarding part of the large scale hobby in my opinion.
Russell

1 - 4 of 4 Posts