G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Angus
Only the second photo was not available.

If you would, please talk about the construction of turntable and the material on the surface material.

Really enjoyed the variety of the engines in particular the PRR 4-4-0.  See that the Berk has a set of functional headlights

Hmmm this is way we should be able to edit our posts, so how I dragged this into the post?

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Ahh,

Just recognised 2 of my loco's in the first set of pictures that was one of the best GTG's of last year your track is first class, also the first time I had seen a Berkshire in steam I was very impressed. :)

Tony

·
Premium Member
2,071 Posts
Hi Angus:  Thanks for sharing these.  Really enjoyed.  Beautiful layout. 

Bob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Charles,
I'll try and knock up a quick article on the turntable construction over the next few weeks, for now i've added some more pictures of the turntable construction to the album, includiong a video of it being tested.

Tony,
Im assuming your the owner of the Spamcan and the Duchess? I think your the only Tony whose visited the layout. I think
you know when the next steam up is, hopefully We'll see you then.

Cheers

Angus

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Yes that's me :D

I have completed my Black 9f and finished it with some extra detailing she looks great I will bring it along.

Cheers

Tony

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tony,
What detailing did you manage to find to put on it? We struggled to find anything extra to put on it apart from new numbers, and painting up bits and pieces.
Cheers

Angus

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Boy this forum crashing is getting a joke :mad:  there is more going on in the old forum with the new Aster 9f build.

Angus I have found numerous web sites of the 9f and at least some of the black pipes on the Aster are really copper so I have replicated these on mine I have also lagged one of the pipes it looks quite good :D

I have some plates coming from Guilplates with 'Black Prince' for the smoke deflectors although I know she did not run with these in working life I will also when running my Southern Bullieds have a 'Pines Express' plate on the front.

Tony

1 - 10 of 10 Posts