G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all. I'm trying to decide whether to drive from MA down to York for ECLSTS. I was originally 100% committed but am wondering whether the money would be better spent on a live steam stablemate for my Shay. (St. Aubin's, for instance, has several of the AML 0-6-0's in stock for $999.) I've been to the show in the past, and I love the experience, but am wondering if there really are great deals to be had there. I would love to hear about any major savings folks managed to get on live steam products at ECLSTS in the past. Many thanks!

P.S. - Because I'm specifically interested in live steam products, I thought this post was better located here than in the large scale events forum.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good point, Pete. I will give credit to Aristo (this one time, at least) for keeping ECLSTS open to all interested participants vendors.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Royce from Quisenberry Station, the sponsor of this live steam forum, sometimes has a table or two where he has his wares for sale, and ocassionally St Aubins brings a few Accucraft live steamers for sale, but as for deals, those are usually found at the swap tables @ Diamondhead.

There was talk about swap tables @ ECLSTS a time or two in the past, but the real issue seems to be that although the tables would not be in direct competition with the vendors, they would be in competition for the same discretionary dollars.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
I will be there and will have some stuff, including live steam, all the way from the left coast.

Jonathan/EMW

1 - 6 of 6 Posts