G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
  First off, I'm sorry that I don't know the name of the MyLargeScale member who is here and built this beautiful engine.  I'm sure that all of you know of his work that he has shown on here over the past months.  Here are a couple of short videos I had a chance to shoot earlier today.  Just a pleasure to watch and hear.  The bell and air horn are amazing.............

Video #1

Video #2

Sorry for the large files, but I wanted to get a good representation of the loco working.  Enjoy.

·
Vendor
3,322 Posts
Fred, Charles is most certainaly correct.  That's Bob Pope's live steam diesel......  I just happen to know who did the art work on the locomotive and cars... /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif

Thanks for posting the videos of it running.  I know he will really appreciate it...

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Stan
The combination of the art work and the mechanical work makes for a winning combination!

·
Premium Member
5,626 Posts
Now that one cool looking train.  definatley different.  Later RJD

·
Vendor
3,322 Posts
Thanks, Charles....  Bob has certainly done a magnificent job on the entire "creation."   It's fabulous.  :)

I've really enjoyed the postings on Diamondhead and sure glad the hotel  has been restored since the storms.... 

From a "sparkie."  :)/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif  

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
I want to thank everyone at Diamondhead for putting up with my 'non-steam' participation in the steam-up event. It was great to see everyone again!

Bob Pope

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Stan, you might want to hold some of your Kudos about the hotel. Many rooms are still "in progress". We had a heavy rain Saturday and the Atrium roof was leaking in a number of places. The rest room is just awful, and so it goes. There is still a long way for the hotel to go before we can be proud to welcome foreign visitors here. The one bright spot was the restaurant which looks nice and new. I must acknowledge that any visitors would definitely get a warm welcome from the steamers on hand. And the hotel management has been able to automate the advance reservation process so that I completed mine in just a couple of minutes during checkout -- now that's an improvement -- and I even got a confirmation number on the spot.

Ross Schlabach

·
1st Class Pirate
707 Posts
While technically not "your" post, this is for you Bob!
If you had not brought your train for your " 'non-steam' participation " a group of us would have sent you home to get her!
Fantastic work! Sorry I was so busy running my engine that I did not get the chance to operate her as you offered. I know that we will have another chance to run each other's loco's in the future.
redbeard AKA Larry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts