G Scale Model Train Forum banner
141 - 160 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
Noob, I cheated, Radio Shack carries blinking LED's. Disadvantage of them is they all blink independent of each other.
That would work. Usually we only need one or two at the most per an engine. Unless one is doing blinking ditch lights then timing might be an issue.
Is radio shack still around??

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
Decided to do the Coupler Lift bars from brass this time, while the steel wire is durable and holds it's shape in an impact,, it's just a pain to shape with small pliers

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
How did Santa Fe use their ditch lights? On solid, alternate flash at grade crossings? Or? I've set mine up to automatically alternate flash for ten seconds with a grade crossing horn and then go back to solid.

·
Super Modulator
21,589 Posts
Here's a link about ATSF: (about 1990, all locos were to be outfitted by 1996

Apparently not all Santa Fe, really BNSF locos had flashing lights, most that flashed seem to have been bought from SP.

This is from a cursory investigation

Greg

·
Super Modulator
21,589 Posts
Was just curious there is a version of magnet wire that does this, but it probably costs more money. I have used some of the stuff I am talking about and it works a charm.

Just taking a shot in the dark, I hate scraping magnet wire! (Made a few DC motors back in the 50's and 60's)

Greg

141 - 160 of 168 Posts