G Scale Model Train Forum banner

Lionel atlantic...

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Greg Elmassian 
G
#1 ·
Ok so i want to replace the plastic wheels on a new lionel atlantics tender has anyone done this conversion with off the shelf wheels? or new trucks and wheels, would prefer electrical pickups on wheels.. any help would be apresiated thanks:D
Nick...

#4 ·
I'm looking for the same thing Nick... the stock wheels are .95", Gary does not have wheels that size. I'm looking for some way to have electrical pickup without brushes.

Gary does make ball bearing wheels with electrical pickup. If he would make a set in .95" to match the Lionel I would buy a set (4 axles), maybe if you would buy a set also, we could convince him to make them.

Regards, Greg

G
#6 ·
so i think we should get on the phone and find out if he will do them,if not another member here has sent some nice conversion ideals that he did to his atlantics, he says they run great but he prefers to be a lurker and not post but i do thank Mark.i will post the article if he gives me the go ahead,:D also i should note that as we speak one of these has been shipped out west for what should be a bullit proof drivetrain update and of course my buddy Ray Ray will be getting after that for a full dcs upgrade and maybe a little smokin surprise with that, stay tuned more to come /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif
Nick..

G
#7 ·
Greg, it appeers right now you have too many pokers in the fire, :)he he he i will try to call gary on thursday to see if we can get maybe a custom run done of these wheels. there has to be thousands of these locos out there looking for a brushless wheel conversion for the tenders/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blink.gif but before i call, any one else out there that might want to convert there lionel atlantic tender wheels to metal please post here before thursday afternnon when i call gary.
thanks
Nick/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/whistling.gif

#10 ·
I measured the lionel ones ag .95" so that's darn close! I was hoping for BB wheelsets for power pickup, but maybe the bachman ones with carbon brushes (ugh) will be the best.

Thanks Kevin!

Regards, Greg

p.s. see the spat that Lewis and I are having on the Aristo forum, I say back to back is the most important and he says check gauge... If you have ever used an Aristo turnout, well...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.