G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been offered 4 (yes, 4 ) lionel altlantics.they are sealed, NIB. never unboxed.
how well do they run, and how much do they sell for?

·
Premium Member
5,908 Posts
i have been offered 4 (yes, 4 ) lionel altlantics.they are sealed, NIB. never unboxed.
how well do they run, and how much do they sell for?
A dealer bought the last stock and offers them (usually) at ECLSTS for $350-ish. You can often find a used one for $100-200 depending on condition. I paid $110 for mine at a blind auction, and found it had a decent sound card in the tender!

They run sorta well, but have plastic truck wheels and the spokes are not opened out on the drivers. Replacing truck wheels isn't difficult except that the rear truck is a big wheel and there are few replacements.

Nate - you did google "site:mylargescale.com lionel atlantic" to find out what we all already said about it, so we wouldn't have to go to the trouble of re-typing it all ? (Hint.)

·
Super Modulator
20,517 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
he wants 120 a peice for them

BTW i bought a brand new, sealed in factory box, Aristo lehigh valley Alco FA-1 -FB-1 set for $145 bucks yesterday. is that a good price?

·
Super Modulator
20,517 Posts
Worth it. Good prices.

You can re-sell the Atlantics for $200 each pretty easily if they are in perfect condition, in fact I'll take one, need to double head them on my layout.

Greg

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Worth it. Good prices.

You can re-sell the Atlantics for $200 each pretty easily if they are in perfect condition, in fact I'll take one, need to double head them on my layout.

Greg
they have a chessie system, santa fe, great northern, and a Pennsy (i am claiming the pennsy for myself and maybe the great nortern.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
still says the same thing.

I unboxed she Santa Fe to have a look. The bell appears to be missing, but everything else seems fine. it might have been in the box. i didnt look. i will test it, to check if it runs okay. although my fa-1 and fb-1 was brand new, it had some problems with one power truck, but some oil fixed that.. I will see if i can get it for you,

he also has about 200 feet of brand new, never unboxed aristo brass track , i found a cardboard box sealed shut with the shipping label on it that said Polks Hobby Co.on it, and it was untouched. i cut it open, and found four cases of aristo 2' straights inside! there was like 5 other cases of track, and in the corner of the room i found another pile of track.

·
Premium Member
6,042 Posts
Probably the cigars!:eek:
reason he's blocked....

John

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
greg, its my school laptop. if something contains certain words, it is blocked, it says the website contains alchol and tobacco content. it work fine on home computer.

good nite

nate

·
Super Modulator
20,517 Posts
Yes, an entire section on cigars on my site...

you might want to state that first next time, like "my highly restricted school laptop was unable to see your site"...

Can it surf sites that talk about marijuana? Pretty funny.

Anyway, back to the subject... did you buy the locos?

Greg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts