G Scale Model Train Forum banner
81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Super Modulator
22,263 Posts
ahh, XOMETRY was the company.... yes you can get virtually anything done for a price.

Would you be prepared to spend like $150 to $200?

Just curious... won't be cheap...

weights are easy... did you read my pages on mods to the Atlantic?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Greg. Yes I have been poring over yours and schreyers pages. Thank you both for the info. I probably will end up using those sinkers. But I figured I would try the ten wheeler weight option first since it appears it drops in with no modifications. I am not familiar though with gens 1-4 to know if the weight block is the same or if they even have one.

I was hoping that the rods would be a bit cheaper since they seem to already have the scan (or whatever a 3D mold is called) done. They would just have to print them.

·
Super Modulator
22,263 Posts
if you succeed let us know, would like metal siderods myself....

re weights: I don't get your inference from George's site...
Below is how George added weights:

Never liked it...

Here's how I did it:

I think my way looks much nicer and it's less work.

Who used the ten wheeler weights, and do you have a link or picture?

Greg

·
Super Modulator
22,263 Posts
Weights with double stick tape, just don't leave it upside down in the sun for a long time.

There are 5 pages on the Atlantic on my site, here's the link to the main page and there are links to the 4 sub pages:

Greg

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
With the bachmann weight and a couple of fishing weights added the engine alone weighed almost 12 pounds.
It had no problem pulling anything. Of course adding power pickup to every wheel also helped.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts