Sure, this photo should help you see how its done: I cut a piece of 3mm thick styrene (evergreen) and sliped it between the pilot and the frame, this brings the pilot to the correct height it is bolted to the frames for extra strength (as the coupler is screwed into the pilot. I then add a few strips for details in the stairs and a couple of pieces that extend the pilot along these stairs.. if I remember correectly I also filed away at the coupler mounting to fit kadees. Made the lift rings, sawed off the walkway between engines and glued it vertically and thats about it. Also I cut the recessed number boards away from the lucite castings in order to inset them so they are nearly flush with the front ends. Of course there are minor details which are wrong such as the type of steps onthe pilot's front but I can live with that as this isn't my favourtite engine. likewise the stanchions for the running handrails are oversize and only correct for a GPY, but thelouvers on the Lionel model are correct for a GP7. But the number corresponds to a PRR GP9... Life is too short for these kinds of discrepancies. MR is fun! I should be doing another shortly for a friend who bought one, so I may have some more info and photos to show soon.