G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
5,715 Posts
Paul - as a 1st Class member, you also have access to the "hyperlink" button on the Editor Tool Bar. The button has an icon that looks like a chain (a series of three "links"). To use it, type the text you wish to link (Ozark Miniatures in your above example), highlight it, click the hyperlink button, and paste the URL into the appropriate box in the resulting pop-up window.

Myself, after highlighting the text and before clicking the Hyperlink button, I usually click the Bold and Underline buttons to make sure the link gets bolded and underlined.

Just an FYI. :)

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Although there is provision to add a link/URL in the Classified Ads, it is not an active link.

The Editor for the Classified Ads is different than that used for the Forums. I did not see an icon menu to add a hyperlink, so the previously mentioned code was used and it worked.

Perhaps it would also work in the link box. I will edit and try.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The code worked in the link box as well.

I find it odd that when you first look at an ad, the title is an active link.
But it only takes to another version of the same thing with the picture on the right instead of the left.

In the second screen the link entered by the member is at the bottom of the page. Now that I have made it active, it will link the member with the off-site information I want them to see (more pictures, more information, better format with paragraphs, etc.)

Hmmmm. I wonder if I can make the title an active link?

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup, that worked!

Now the title takes the member to the off-site information on our club web site that I want them to see, instead of a second page of the same thing.

It's been fun guys! But as Marty is fond of saying, "My head hurts!".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts