G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sad.gifToday I tested the new Rotary unit I  made  this winter . It was working ok but loco was stopping and occasionly derailing. I coud here a clicking and thought a driver was catching. After shutting off camera and removing plow I ran just the loco a little way to find what was clicking. It  derailed and when I picked it up I saw that both inner drivers between the 2 sets of drive wheels were broken in Half. they were jammed on one side and the other side had both ends hanging down so they had hit the ground causing the derail. After our trip to Alabama I will make new Drivers from an old brass clockface from a Grandfather Clock that went bad. Well here is the link.The video was  made on A Sony Digital camera set on 160 size so the view is small but file size is 3.4MB  edit:loco is a Lionel Atlanic 4-4-2
1stclass.mylargescale.com/hap/rotary%20testing/snowblow.MPG

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Thanks for sharing, Harold,
JimC.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Thanks for sharing your video with us,  but because of the graininess I couldn't  see much detail.  Would you please post some still photos of your handy work.?  Also I am really intrigued with plans to repair the locomotive drivers with an old clock face.  Please take pictures of this process as I am always interested in how other modelers solve modeling tasks.

Terl

·
Premium Member
5,629 Posts
Thanks for the video, looks  like the snow was a little to wet to work right.  How about a close up of the blower.  What components did you use to make fit?.  Later RJD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts