G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to build some log cars and want to use the 'link and pin' couplers. I saw that Ozark has some. They appear to have a 'pin', or stud, that would somehow attach to the car. I don't know if there's some other piece that's required, or other couplers, or methods of attachment. I plan to use a wooden beam to attach them to. Any ideas? Bill

· Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot for the info and pics! Guess I need to revisit Ozark's site, I only saw one version. The type you show in the top pic are the style shown in the drawings I got (thanks to Bob, here in the Forum!) for the Michigan-California skeleton car. My Climax is for the M-C Lumber Co. also. That car used a main beam made of 3 pieces with the center timber's end recessed. So the first type appears more scale. I'll check out the reference you mention too!

· Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Jack, for the 'up close' pic of the Bachmann. That's very close to the style of the car I want to build. The one part that I can't quite figure out is the truck, beam, mounting scheme. Is that standard/ original equipment for the Bachmann car? Bill

· Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What is the width for the box/receiver you're showing-might glue up some wood while I'm figuring what detail stuff I need. I did find those particular couplers in the Ozark site. Shipping cost so much any more it doesn't make sense to order one thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.