G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a source for large scale line side vehicles, especially trucks. Scale preferred is 1:20 but could use 1:22 or 1:24.
I'm especially interested in Model T or similar. I would prefer die cast but may have to settle for plastic model kits and kit bash them. I see a lot of models in Garden Railways magazine but have never seen any articles where the may be purchased.

Any help would be appreciated.

paxtraom
Huntsville, AL

·
Senior JOAT
736 Posts
Take a look at E-bay. The Hubley Metal kits are often listed; they were later brought out by "Scale Models" and Gabriel. Most of them are 1:20 - the Chevys and Fords. Unfortunately, most are more the Model A era.

They do have some Model T stuff, but they usually go for more money. Like this 1914 Chemical Hose truck

I got this one off of EBay a few years back, but it was missing a couple of parts that I had to fabricate:

They are durable; I leave them outside all year.

If you model in 1:20, the 1:24 stuff is a tad small...

·
Registered
213 Posts
Posted By Bruce Chandler on 02/04/2009 1:41 PM

I got this one off of EBay a few years back, but it was missing a couple of parts that I had to fabricate:

Which "one" ? The Dog, the Car or the Old Fart with the cigar?

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Try Walmart. Check out the toy isle. Usually have lot to choose from. Later RJD

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
"Farm and Fleet" type stores, Theisen's, Norby's, etc. usually have an aisle or two of farm and road building equipment toys in several scales. These include lots of pickup trucks and automobiles, too.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Im sure your being cost conscious like most of us, and i know your not particularly looking for semis but i just happened to be in the LHS today and was checking out and next to me was this 1:25 scale International (black) Semi Lowboy diecast model..Man! it was super cool. not sure on the manufacturer but if cost isnt an option it didnt get any nicer than this. Im sure its well known by most modelers already so someone will chime in with a link soon enough im sure. I would find something to sell to buy it..lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
Like has been intimated, 1/20th is mighty low on selections. I think Hubley made a 1/20th scale Model T depot hack and a p/u truck; they are out of production again (maybe, they seem to go in and out every few years). I have seen a few kits on eBay from time to time. Look at the shows and keep searching the net is all I can recommend...

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
I shop with these people and of course on ebay. You can use 1:24 with 1:20 trains as long as you aren't trying to put 1:20 scale people in them. There isn't much out there in 1:20 scale.

http://www.diecastdirect.com/?c=True

1 - 12 of 12 Posts