G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*I can't take credit for all of this, Jeff Redeker is my partner in crime on these installs, he made the reflectors and did the lenses on the Cab-Ahead.*

First up, most of you have seen my install in the GS-4 GW using the Richmond Controls mars light/headlight unit. This simulates how the GS's ran up until ~1951. Jeff commandeered a smokebox front from my shop pile and proceeded to turn up some polished aluminum reflectors.
Here's a video or two to show them off:

link

link

Jeff also found his dad's (Alan) AC-12 just sitting around in my shop (who knew? /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/whistling.gif )and proceeded to borrow the cab and give it the full package, all running off of 4 AAA batteries on the roof:

Lights off (notice Train number 52 is on the header board, this is the San Joaquin Daylight, on which many AC class engines acted as head end helpers over the steep grades.) the number board divders are borrowed from an Aster GS-4, and are going to be replicated using HO scale Brass ladder stock painted to suit:

Just the headlight and marker lights, using a mini-maglite bulb in the headlight (with custom reflector) and highly modified stock marker lights with MV clear lenses in them:

All lights on:

Jeff also lit up both pressure gauges too, they are really really bright!

Here's a view of the front with the number board divders taken off (had to put them back on the other engine):

That's all for now, stay tuned for better photos (gotta dig out the right filter).

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Ryan,

Thanks for posting the pictures and facilitating the work with Jeff by doing decals, etc. etc.

HELP!!! I'm having CF withdrawal symptoms. (Too much out of town consulting....)

Best regards,

Alan

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alan,

You've got an email to help cope with those CF withdrawal issues. I've got GS-4 overload going on in the shop! We need to kidnap, err drag you to a steamup before June.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Alan,
We missed you at ECLSTS, but your light was shining on the CF. You need to retire so you can have more Saturdays in the week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts