G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a newbie to this forum so this may have been answered. Who is servicing LGB for parts and service. I live in Southern California. I never thought LGB would go under! I always considered it to be the premier Garden Train equipment./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blush.gif

·
Premium Member
2,910 Posts
There doesn't seem to be any source anymore. You can find parts on ebay, and some retailers still have some parts, I think Silvergate distributors has an inventory of parts but I might be wrong. I have been able to find parts like traction tires and carbon brushes and gears but it's been a bit of a struggle

For some reason posts about LGB tend to get kind of...snarky. I'm not sure why, as I'm a newbie to this hobby.

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Tom,

LGB has been purchased by Marklin. Some european product is once again being produced. I am not sure about US availability.

As an owner of several LGB locomotives, I do hope that parts for the Mogul and Mikado are available in the future. My Moguls haven't turned a wheel all summer. The mikado sees infrequent use. I tend to run my USA and Ariso locos these days for the simple fact that when they break down, I know I will be able to get parts, eventually.

Mark

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
I had the sound/decoder/smoke units in my LGB Mikado serviced by Massoth. They are the original manufacturers of most of the electronics for LGB. They can be found at http://www.massoth.com. Call them and talk to Klaus.

Jim Carter

G

·
You should still be able to get parts at Watts train shop, they have a fairly decent size parts inventory. they should be able to hook you up......:cool:
Nick...

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
"http://www.train-li-usa.com/"
The above URL indicates by e-mail to me that they have some LGB parts and will repair LGB engines, just send them in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts