G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I beleive that LGB is done this time. to be quite honest it isnt worth the price Walthers was going to get for it and it would have gone under anyway in my opionion.i'd say let it rest and move on plenty more good stuff out there..

·
Registered
61 Posts
From the way it was explained to me, Merklin and LGB are individual companies under one parent corporation that operate individually from one another. What one company does has nothing to do with the other. I hope this is and they hold their own, I still bleed LGB red.
Little Paulie

·
Registered
150 Posts
Märklin Göppingen AND Märklin Nürnberg (Trix, LGB) are insolvent. It is starting to appear that Märklin Hungary (production) will not be allowed to remain outside the insolvency.

Jack

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Irregardless of happenings in Europe, products in Walthers catalog do not physically exist until actually delivered to your hands, until that moment they are mearly figments of your overly hopefull imagination ;)

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Well, it certainly sounds like Marklin is done for, including Marklin/LGB. But all that tooling is still there, and still valuable. The LGB brand may never be resurrected but it's a sure bet that, eventually, the tooling will be bought and put to use by someone. The downside is, with the economy in the toilet it will probably be a long time before that happens.

·
Premium Member
4,042 Posts
Where is the container, out of the factory? Sitting on a dock in Europe?
Sitting on a ship going nowhere?
Stuck in customs somewhere?

I believe I saw a delivery date updated from February to April.

Must be on an East bound boat which is not going through any canals, and only 1 propeller is working!! Perhaps a sail boat with no wind!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts