G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
197 Posts
I bought a 30520 Gourmino in early Jan 2008 from Dragon G Scale in the UK and the OK label is 001097.  I assumed this was one of the last Lehmann-made cars. It also has the extra set of diaphrams but no explanation what they are used for.

· Premium Member
197 Posts
No, mine does have the white cabinet on one side of the undercarriage.  The color of the model is more royal blue. From what I had seen of others' photos of their Gourminos posted around the time I bought mine, it appeared to be the same. I was not aware that there were color variations. I still think it is a first class model and one of Lehmann's best efforts that I had ever seen.  I used it in my avatar on Garden Railways' large scale forum.

· Premium Member
197 Posts
Jack, Not remembering how to completely decipher the OK sticker code, I couldn't figure out what month it was mfd. Nothing on the box indicated it was made by Marklin-owned LGB.  Maybe a few Gourminos were assembled at the old plant in late 2007 after the takeover; I read that items in Saganer Strasse plant that were in the midst of production were completed there before the plant was disassembled and the mfg. tools/eqpt. sold off or moved to the new owner's location. Would that explain my model's OK code?
AL

· Premium Member
197 Posts
Heck I don't know if mine is any different than yours so here are a few quick shots of it in the box.  It's a pain to unpack/repack.

You can see the white piece underneath the "OURMI" letters. It has 3 black (look gray in the photo but they're black) doors on it. The blue is a lot lighter in these photos than in real life - I guess the flash photography caused that.  Is this the same blue as yours?

Here's another angle:

Al 

· Premium Member
197 Posts
Thanks Jack.  I take it the last two or three digits are the month and year?  If it was mfd in October 2007 would the OK code have been 001107?  Then this really was made after LGB was turned over to Marklin (that was in July '07).  My assumption was only 1/2 correct - it was made in the Lehmann plant, by the few remaining Lehmann workers no doubt, but under Marklin ownership.  Now I understand why you found the date code interesting.
Al

· Premium Member
197 Posts
Bob - Sorry to hijack your thread about the Gourmino details.  Somewhere  last year I read an explanation for the additional diaphragms, but have forgotten.  Maybe Knut can find an explanation for us among his friends. 

Al 

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.