G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just received this car. It is nicely done, but I have a few questions :
1. The internet states this car was originally produced in 2006. Were any of these cars actually produced then? My car is from the current production run, and I am wondering how it would differ from the 2006 production run if in fact there was such a run in 2006.
2.The internet photos for the 2006 car show a car with what appears to be a lighter blue color than my car, and the underside is all painted black. One visable piece of the underside of my car is painted white and is held in place by two screws. Anybody know why this one piece was painted white? To me it looks a litle out of place.
3.An extra set of diaphrams for ends of the car is included. Anybody know how the extra set differs from what is already on the car? The only difference I can see is that the set on the car includes a gray piece over the top of the
diaphrams, while the extra set has black pieces to fit over the top of the extra set.
4. The "Instruction" is limited to a few diagrams with nothing in writing. One diagram for the underside includes an arrow labled "Digital." Anybody know to what that refers?

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Al,

I am a little curious as to how your 2006 30520 diner compares in appearance to the current version. Is yours royal blue or purple in color? From the pictures I have seen it appears yours does not have the white unpainted equipment box on the underside. Is that correct?

Bob

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Al,

Thanks for the response. While I would probably prefer the royal blue color, I must admit the darker blue color is a better color match for my blue crocodlie locomotive. The white cabinet on the undercarriage takes some getting used to, although I have found prototypical pictures which include this.

I agree LGB did a first class job on this car.

Bob

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Guys,

My car is exactly like yours except for the darker blue (almost purple) color. Mine also has a digital interface on the underside which I guess is to enable one to turn off individual lights inside the car if the proper decoder is installed. I find it hard to get excited about this.

The extra diaphrams are still a mystery to me. The only thing I can figure is that maybe the dark blue piece that goes over the top makes the alternate diaphrams a better match for the blue salon cars of the ACPE.

Guys, enlighten me!! What is an OK code? The box for my car bears the number 4 011525 305200. The underside of my car bears a Märklin sticker and the numbers 08027036.

Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.