G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello I have a coca cola forney which I purchased off of ebay it never turned like it should on a flat surface the front trucks would bind when I move them in either direction I could tell the boiler was sitting on the frame. So I put a popsicle stich between the tank and the frame and no more binding. So I decided to disassemble the engine and find out what the problem was. Once I got the part that holds the front trucks in place I could see there was a part missing that kept the truck fron going down into a open slot.
I resourced the internet for the part which is 20251 62 with no luck if any one know where I might find the missing part would really appreciate the info. The 2 pictures show the part that pivots on the frame where the missing part goes.
Also while I have the engine disassemble any recommendations for a sound decoder for this engine.
UPDATE:
Couldn't find the part so I took a piece of aluminum stock 1/8 inch thick and cut it to same size as the slot where the missing part was and spot glued it in place reassemble the engine and ran it for an hour and it's like a new engine now no more binding.
Now before I tighten everything down got to decide which decoder to put in it.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
This part from modell-land.de looks like what you need and can be ordered via trainli.com in the USA.
Note the Trainli site only shows 2 parts under this number and your missing part is not there. Modell-land lists 3 parts and your part is there.

Forney LGB 27253-M013.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info however that is not the part I needed. I fabricated the part I needed and the engine works great now. But I broke 2 broiler supports post if I can't find the replacement parts I will glue them in place.
Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts