G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I didn't know where to put this question, so I put it here. I have a Bachmann three truck Shay and would like to install the LGB style couplers which came with the engine. I tried to find out how to install them on the Shay but failed ato do so. It seems that that they don't fit. Does anyone know how to mount these hook and loop couplers that Bachmann provided? I did not found any installation guide.
Matthias

·
Registered
1 Posts
One easy way to attach the couplers is to sort of 'dry fit' them. By this I mean assemble them mostly before attaching. I have the two truck shay, so I'm not sure if anything else is different. In general though, this should work. If you need help assembling them, just remember to put the spring on the correct way. You do this by sliding the end of the spring with the point into the hole on the rear of the hook. You then hold this piece together while matching the screwhole on the spring (square part w/hole) with the hole on the body of the hoop part. Then slide the screw in between the matched holes. You should then be able to hold this together as one assembly. Taking this assembly w/ screw, you should then match the coupler to the stalk on the shay, assuming the 2 truck is the same layout. It's really a matter of matching the holes in the correct way. Hope that helps. Just look at some other LGB rolling stock and you'll get the idea.

Joe

1 - 2 of 2 Posts