G Scale Model Train Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have had good results with Roll-Ez.com standard metal wheels that come in black or chrome color for $11 for 2 axles.

Some of the Bachmann metal wheels I have are not straight and tried tend to wobble. You can watch the flanges wobble from side to side as you spin the wheels. I am in the process of swapping them out with roll-ez wheels.

Kent

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have had good results with Roll-Ez.com standard metal wheels that come in black or chrome color for $11 for 2 axles.

Some of the Bachmann metal wheels I have are not straight and tried tend to wobble. You can watch the flanges wobble from side to side as you spin the wheels. I am in the process of swapping them out with roll-ez wheels.

Kent
Thank you, that settles it, because this is the best deal and this is what I will order. Glad you clarified the $11 ones are metal because on the website it shows they come in Chrome or Black but it did not state what they're made of or if they're metal there. I don't care what metal it is either, as long as it's not radioactive :)

Looks like this site has some nice steam locomotives for a great price as well. They're bachmann, which might not be outdoorsy, but still cool looking nonetheless. At some point I will be getting a diesel USA TRAINS G locomotive because it will be a cool counterpart to my Lionel GP-whatever O gauge diesel.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts