G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm interested in getting the LGB 23132 Christmas CHLOE Steam Locomotive w/Lights, I think it's really cool looking and I'm just wondering if anyone has converted it to DCC if possible.

There certainly doesn't look like there's much room to put a decoder anywhere in it.

Anyway, just curious if anyone has had success converting it.

Thanks,
John

·
Super Modulator
21,149 Posts
Would seem this is pretty common. If you don't get an answer here, try GScaleCentral.com DCC conversions much more common there, they are in the UK, and many people own Chloe locos and many use DCC.

Greg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Greg for the info. I registered over there earlier and will head back over there soon.

Looks like lots of good info over there for sure!

John

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
Plenty of room for the Zimo MX645 decoder and a small laptop type speaker in the fuel bunker. I have even fit a MX645 decoder in the bottom front of the chloe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Again thanks for the information.

I ended up ordering the LGB 23132 Christmas Chloe and should have it by the weekend.

Does the Zimo MX645 come with sound files that will sound ok with the Chloe? Or will need to be reprogrammed with different sound files? I don't have the capability to program ZIMO Decoders if need be.

I have the programmer for Massoth decoders but not sure if any of them will fit. Guess I'll have to wait until I receive it and see what I can do.

Thanks again guys.

John

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
The MX645 from Trainli.com does come with a set of American sounds, default is a steam engine. It can be customized for more features active with a DCC system such as programming the IN1 for a bell or whistle magnet activation, and fine tuning the chuff. Contact me offline on how to do this as many settings are just selectable with any DCC system, it is just the customs sound loads that a programmer is needed to do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts