G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any standard length between bents, or is it up to the builder. Wow there is some fine trestles being built!!

Thanks

tomh

·
Premium Member
225 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
The principle I use is: I find a photo of an engine on the desired bridge and measure so it looks in proportion to the loco.

I could not find the other photo that goes with this one. but you can see a 6ft tall guy in a 50' DD box car

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
The guy in the box car does not look 6 feet tall. He looks more like 5 feet 12 inches.

Hope OSHA doesn't see that ramp they are using. Do you think thos pallets will hold that forklift?

G

·
0 Posts
i don't think, that the pallet is a ramp for that forklift. it would hang itself up on the edge. IF it could manage such a grade...

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have to finish the bottom part of my layout, everything is concrete to the bottom. I was thinking instead of laying more concrete to make the bottom all trestle. If you can see by the pics how much my yard slopes down, I have a big grade going up, I am trying to make it more level.I have a big supply of cedar so I thought of raising the bottom part of the layout with a trestle.The tunnel would have to be moved and the whole circle and up to the green bridge would be trestle.

thanks for the ideas and the info

tom h

1 - 8 of 8 Posts