G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sick.gifWell gang, I'm still suffering from the flu seven days after I got it at the Council Bluffs train show (I assume). What a pain!  So, since my mind is on being sick and not trains, I'm just sitting here wondering, what is your least favorite flu symptom (not that I expect anyone to have a favorite - they all suck). /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crying.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I don't know where the "G" wound up, but the one symptom should be "Extreme Fatigue".  Sorry, no editing polls apparently.

Ed

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Seeing as how you say there can be no favourite, then how can there be a least favourite? They're ALL my least favourite!

I will say that now that I sleep with a CPAP (Constant Pressure Air Pump) due to Sleep Apnea, the Stuffy Nose symptom is not quite as bad as it used to be.

Tell me, how long did it take you to come down with it?  I think I got it from my Grandson on Wednesday and it seems to have taken about a day and half for me to notice the sore throat... (and the cork fell out of my heel and all my life dribbled out).

But yer tellin' me I got at least a week of this?  Ugh!/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sick.gif

Sufferin' succotash!

At least I got my Steam in the Garden magazine to read and reread and reread...:D while curled up under the afghan Mom crocheted years ago.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Hi Ed,

Sorry to hear you have the flu. I checked other,[ comming out both ends at the same time] had that a few weeks ago. Then a bout with upper respitory infection which the doctor told the better half is part of the flu too. Seems this year the flu shot's only took care of 33per cent of the flu germs out there. We have one friend who has had it 3 times. Hope you have a speedy recovery and it dosen't come back.

chuckger

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
How can you have a poll about flu symptoms omitting the worst two - when its quickly coming out of either end?

-Brian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sad.gifI omitted "coming out of both ends" because these aren't typical symptoms of the standard upper respiratory influenza viruses (or so I'm told by my MD).  I had the "both ends" version of the flu virus a week ago.  It woke me up in the middle of the night on Saturday.   That was a different strain of flu that is going around here in Nebraska as well.  Neither are all that much fun, but both at the same time? - YIKES.  The stomach flu virus only lasts for about 12 to 24 hours and includes cramps, vomiting, the big "D" and some high fever, night sweats and chills (perhaps I need a second poll).  If this is your least favorite symptom for all flus combined.....I agree.  No fun.  Though I would much rather have that flu (24 hours) than the strain I'm still suffering from today (going on day 8).  I would trade in a minute.  Man am I tired!

Ed

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Posted By altterrain on 02/23/2008 5:17 PM
How can you have a poll about flu symptoms omitting the worst two - when its quickly coming out of either end?

-Brian

As Gastroenteritis, while a virus, is not of the same family as influenza.....

Experienced this one myself this week (Tuesday).   One of those where you are afraid you are going to die, then after about your 7th "phone call to uncle Ralph" you realize you might actually live....../DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sick.gif

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Having just recovered from it myself, I'd have to say "cough", but expand on that a bit even. In my case it settled in my chest. I didn't have much congestion in my sinuses, rather a bad chest cold. Coughing would be best described as a desperate attempt to breathe and clear an airway. I though I was going to drown on more than one occcasion. I coughed so bad one night I though I had cracked a rib.

Much better now though..

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
Ok this winter has been bad for the stomach variety in me. I've gotten it TWICE now. Both times the worst was 24 to 48 hours of "Lookout, which end is it coming out now!" Both times ended in some sort of head congestion as well. I'm hoping to be over the second bout finally now after a week. Probably not though. I slept most of yesterday. I feel better but not well today. I hate being sick on the weekends!

Chas

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Cough - without a doubt. Cough

I get a flu shot each year now, my work makes them avalable, and while its not a silver bullet, it does dramaticly reduce symptoms if I do get ill. Before, I used to get the flu, every year, like clockwork, real bad ones too, synus infections, even got mild pnuemonia once or twice. but the cough was the worst...I remember have a cough that was so bad and so deep, you would cough so hard you'd fart at the same time, not THATS the worst sympton!

With the shot, I have still gotten head colds, but so fa,r not the flu, or at least not full blown flu.

PS, got a headcold, runny nose or sore throat, take zinc lozenges! they actually work to cut smyptoms and shorten the illness.

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
Vic when I tried the zinc stuff it made me really nauseous so I didn't keep trying it to see if it helped the cough at all.

I'm going to start doing the work offered flu shot. The wife gets it and the girls get it generally but so far I've been the test subject. Up until this year I'd done OK without.

Chas

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Ed, I tihnk you got that from the PREZ! /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sad.gif Friday when we were setting up he said he had the flu and wanted to give it to someone./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Has to be that overall tiredness that hangs on for weeks after everything else is done.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
I really hate all the symptoms but really dislike the aches, fever and fatigue, thats the worst part for me

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.